As part of achieving a good looking exterior for your home it is essential to have a suitable and elegant driveway paving. When choosing a suitable driveway design and type to go for, there are a number of factors to consider. These include the following:
- Whether your house is for sale or for your own residential purposes, the cost likely to be incurred in designing your driveway is an important factor to consider before choosing what to go for. Cobblestone paving is the most expensive type of driveway, owing to its high initial installation cost. Asphalt, gravel and brick pavings are among the relatively affordable alternatives you can go for to save that extra coin.
- You obviously do not want to go for the kind of paving that will follow after your pocket within a few years after installation. Asphalt however is one of the most durable materials you can use for your driveway, which is also cost effective. It is estimated to have a durability of about 25 years before a replacement is required when proper maintenance is observed. Concrete and cobblestone are also quite durable options, but are more susceptible to cracks, breakages, and staining.
- Installation process and duration. The installation process for concrete driveways is rather lengthy and time consuming as compared to that of other materials. When you are looking for material that will require shortest the time possible to install e.g. when quality is not first priority or you, you can go for materials such as gravel or crushed stone for your driveway, which you can replace with another kind of paving later when you have ample time and resources. Asphalt made paving requires at least 52 to three months before a sealing can be applied which farther requires more time before you can start using the driveway.
- Maintenance and designated use. It is highly advisable that before you go for a particular kind of material for your paving, you consider the maintenance aspect involved. Driveways made of Asphalt or crushed stone or gravel will require relatively higher maintenance than those of say cobblestone and concrete. You will also require tough materials and design for your driveway if it is to accommodate a large number of vehicles or heavy trucks.
- Personal tastes and Preferences. We all have our unique tastes and preferences. We also want to go for things that fit well into our lifestyles. In the context of paving, these can be in terms of color, texture, design, and curb appeal, class, only to mention a few. Different types of paving come with different types of colors and design. You may want to go with the type of paving that will create a blend with the design and color of your house exterior, roofing, or even surrounding vegetation in your compound. A good example is clay brick-made paving that can create a good blend with the clay tile roofing of your house.